Commencement Ceremony: Wednesday, May 22
Columbia University’s 259th Commencement Ceremony will take place Wednesday, May 22nd from 10:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. This University-wide event is held outdoors, rain or shine, in front of Low Library.
- Graduates should be assembled on campus between the Mathematics and Uris buildings by 9:30 a.m. There is no assigned graduate seating, although Business School Students will be seated together.
- Please note that Graduates do not need tickets for this event; your cap and gown act as your ticket. Therefore, be sure to purchase your cap and gown in advance at the Columbia Bookstore in Lerner Hall.
- Gates open at 8:30 a.m.
- General admission gates are located at 114th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam
- Guests with disabilities, limited mobility, or elderly requiring assistance should enter campus at 116th Street on Amsterdam Avenue. Disability Services staff will be on hand to assist guests with seating, wheelchair accessibility, sign-language interpretation, and closed-caption video of the University Commencement exercises.
- Parties of up to four persons will be accommodated in the seating area. Please note: larger parties should make plans to meet at a designated location after the main ceremony is completed (at approximately 12:15). Graduates are identically dressed and hard to distinguish from a distance. Cell phone service can also be unreliable with 40,000 guests on campus.