MBA Students are encouraged to attempt to exempt from courses in which they have pertinent academic background. The Business School offers exemptions for all Fixed Core Courses as well as Capital Markets and Investments (which is a prerequisite for most upper-level finance courses) and Real Estate Finance.
In order to exempt from a course, students must pass an exam similar to a final exam in the course. No exemptions will be granted on the basis of prior course work and/or experience in the subject area.
Some basic information about the process is:
* Performance on an exemption exam is not recorded on any official student record.
* Exemptions do not reduce the number of courses required for the MBA degree; they enable students to take additional electives.
* Exemption exam grades are final.
* No exemption exam may be retaken.
* Exemption exams must be taken prior to the term in which the student is scheduled to take the fixed core course.
Prior to each term, current students can view the exemption exam schedule and study guidelines for each of the fixed core courses on their Canvas home page. New students will have access to Canvas once they've registered for the Pre-MBA Program and been notified by email that they can logon to the site. (See Pre-MBA information on the admitted students website.) Students can register for the exam date and time they expect to attend on Canvas.