MBA Students are encouraged to attempt to exempt from courses in which they have pertinent academic background. The Business School offers exemptions for all Fixed Core Courses as well as Capital Markets and Investments which is a prerequisite for most upper-level finance courses. There will be no exemptions from the Flexible Core Courses.
In order to exempt from a course, students must pass an exam similar to a final exam in the course. No exemptions will be granted on the basis of prior course work and/or experience in the subject area.
Some basic information about the process is:
* Performance on an exemption exam is not recorded on any official student record.
* Exemptions do not reduce the number of courses required for the MBA degree; they enable students to take additional electives.
* Exemption exam grades are final.
* No exemption exam may be retaken.
* No exemptions are offered in the flexible core.
* Exemption exams must be taken prior to the term in which the student is scheduled to take the fixed core course.
Prior to each term, current students can view the exemption exam schedule and study guidelines for each of the fixed core courses on their Angel home page. New students will have access to Angel once they've registered for the Pre-MBA Program and been notified by email that they can logon to the site. (See Pre-MBA information on the admitted students website.) Students can register for the exam date and time they expect to attend on Angel.
To sign up for an exam:
|Use the exemption exam form
to sign-up for exams. You must sign up during the window set by Student
Affairs. Typically the deadline is 24 hours before the first exam that
Sign up for exams by choosing the times that work for
you. You may sign up only partially and return later to change or add
to your registration.
Upon submitting the form you will be
brought to a page that displays your schedule. You will also receive an
e-mail with this information.
Questions about this process should be directed - via email - to MBA Exemptions