One MBA, Two Paths
Columbia Business School students may enroll in either August or January. The two paths, each comprised of four terms, merge in the fall of the second year to complete electives as a single class. The paths are identical in terms of competitiveness of admissions, academic rigor, and student resources, however they differ in terms of timing and the opportunity to complete a summer internship.
About 70 percent of Columbia MBA students begin their studies in the fall term. After mandatory orientation in the second half of August, regular classes begin in September. Most August-entry students complete a summer internship between their second and third terms.
- Available for August entry applicants only
- Application deadline is October 2, 2013
- Early decision applications are reviewed, and decisions rendered, before regular decision applications
- Candidates have decided that Columbia is their first choice and must sign the following statement of commitment within their applications: I am committed to attending Columbia Business School and will withdraw all applications and decline all offers from other schools upon admission to Columbia Business School
- Applicants must submit a nonrefundable $6,000 tuition deposit within two weeks of admission. Admitted students for Early Decision will also be required to submit a second deposit in May
- Candidates may submit regular decision applications as soon as the application becomes available in the summer
- Regular decision applications are reviewed after early decision applications
- No statement of commitment required
- To be considered for merit-based fellowships, applications must be submitted by the merit-based fellowship deadline on January 6, 2014
- Admitted students for Regular Decision will be required to submit a nonrefundable $2,000 deposit in either February or April, depending on their date of admission. A second deposit will be due in late May
- Final application deadline is April 9, 2014
- The deadline to apply to the Columbia 3-year JD/MBA class entering in August 2014 is February 15, 2014
- For 3-year JD/MBA candidates, the Business School aims either to invite for an interview or deny admission within six weeks after the February 15 deadline
- *We do not review applications on a rolling basis for the 3-year JD/MBA
- Please note that it is possible to be admitted to the Law School and not to the Business School, and to be admitted to the Business School and not to the Law School
Students who do not want or need an internship may consider beginning their MBA studies in January and completing their second semester of classes during the summer. A January start may be ideal for students who wish to remain in the same industry after graduation or pursue entrepreneurial interests. About 30 percent of students enter in January.