To add your Angel calendar course events to your local clients, log in to Angel, and find "Your Angel ICS Link" on the home page under Calendar.
To add your Canvas calendar course events to your local clients, log in to Canvas, and find the "Calendar Feed" link in the Calendar tab, lower right-hand side.
Features / Benefits:
- The Calendar Feed offers a synchronized calendar to be displayed in your Outlook or ICS-enabled device, which you can ‘overlay’ on the calendar you already use
- That new calendar will have appointments for class times, assignments and other items from the Canvas or Angel calendars, and make those accessible in any ICS-device without entering Canvas or Angel
- The Canvas calendar items will also contain Event data which frequently includes assignment readings and relevant course information
- With the exception of Outlook 2011 (the Mac OS version), the feed only needs to be added once; afterwards, it will reflect any changes to your course calendars, even from semester to semester
Things to Keep in Mind:
- The ICS is an independent calendar, it needs to be added to each device or portal (e.g., Google Calendar) that you want to view the information on
- This will not update your current calendar, but rather provide a second calendar which can overlay over your calendar
- If you are taking courses in Canvas and in Angel – you will need to add both ICS feeds to access information on both
- ICS will not update while you are offline. Although the ICS feed provides a great benefit for the students to know when events are happening and assignments are due, it does not replace the LMS and students should always refer to Canvas or Angel for the most up-to-date and accurate information.