We use a web-based application that allows you to submit all of your materials online, including your transcripts, sponsor letters, and recommendations.
The early decision option is ideal for candidates who have completed their research about MBA programs and have decided that Columbia Business School is the school they want to attend. Early decision applications are reviewed before regular decision applications. Early decision is only an option for those applying to the EMBA-Friday/Saturday for entry in August.
Early decision candidates who are offered admission have up to two weeks to submit their nonrefundable $6,000 deposit. Applicants who are not yet ready for this level of commitment are encouraged to apply regular decision.
Those reapplying more than one year after their previous application should adhere to all the requirements of new applicants. Those reapplying for the application cycle immediately following their initial application need only do the following:
- Submit a new application fee (US$250).
- Update the employment history, activities, educational history, and general information I, II, and III sections of the online application.
- Submit a new sponsorship letter if previous letter is more than six months old.
- Submit transcripts of any additional courses taken since previous application.
- Submit one new essay: How have you enhanced your candidacy since your previous application? Please detail your progress since you last applied, reiterate your post-MBA and long-term professional goals, and address why Columbia Business School is a good fit for you. (Maximum of 750 words.) This essay should be inserted into the designated text box.
- Submit one new recommendation letter, preferably from your current employer, another colleague in a supervisory role, or a client.
Please note that your new account will not contain any of the information you submitted previously, but you only need to submit the items on the above list to reapply. Reapplicants with questions should contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 212-854-1961.