Sumitomo Corporation of America Predoctoral, Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Sumitomo Fellowship Program, established by the Center as part of a grant from the Sumitomo Corporation of America, provides support to recent Columbia University PhDs and PhD candidates specializing in some aspect of U.S.-Japan economic and business relations. Fellowship recipients typically spend a period in residence at the center engaging in their own research and participating in center programs. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
“Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship” - Full Tuition Coverage for Study in Japan
for any Columbia undergraduate or graduate students interested in studying in Japan for the academic year 2013-2014
Application Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2013What is the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship?
Each year, the Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship Foundation awards a scholarship for one full year of tuition and additional expenses to one Columbia student who wishes to study at a university or college in Japan based on the recommendation of the Center on Japanese Economy and Business, Columbia Business School.
Who is eligible?
- All matriculated Columbia University graduate and undergraduate students are eligible to apply. This year’s scholarship is for applicants who are interested in studying in Japan for the academic year 2013-2014.
- Programs in Japan: The applicant shall aim to enroll in either a undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program at universities in Japan
- Nationality: All except residents of Japan who have received education in Japan
- Age: 35 years of age or younger
- Financial: The applicant shall lack an adequate financial base to support his or her intended study in Japan.
- Other: The student shall demonstrate superior communication skills, a passion for his/her studies, and be physically fit.
No, any major is fine. Past applicants reflect a wide range of studies (e.g., psychology, East Asian studies,business, political science).
What will be covered by the Scholarship?
- Tuition fee: Tuition fee shall be covered in full.
- Admission fee: Actual admission fee shall be covered in full.
- Living expenses:
General expenses: A flat allowance in Japanese yen each month*
Accommodations : Partially covered based on the actual rent paid*
*For more information, please contact the Center.
How do I apply?
Submit a complete application to the Center on Japanese Economy and Business (Attention to Emiko Mizumura) no later than Monday, April 1, 2013. Mitsubishi UFJ Trust Scholarship applications and a list of guidelines are available in Room 2M1-O, Uris Hall. If you wish to receive the materials via e-mail, contact Emiko Mizumura at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the successful applicant will need to apply directly to the Japanese university of his/her choice for admission.
Contact Emiko Mizumura, Assistant Director for Programs at the Center, via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 212-854-5936.